Jewelled stuffing parcels recipe
A decadent version of the classic Christmas side, these prosciutto stuffing parcels are packed full of apple, cranberry, fresh parsley and moist sausagemeat. Make them ahead of time and pop them in the freezer to give yourself the gift of more time to relax on the big day See method
- 130g pack Tesco Finest cranberry & apple stuffing mix
- 25g dried cranberries
- 40g pistachios, roughly chopped
- 15g fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 200g sausagemeat
- 8 slices prosciutto
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Put a the Tesco Finest cranberry & apple stuffing mix in a heatproof bowl and add the dried cranberries and roughly chopped pistachios. Pour in 170ml boiling water and mix well: rest for 5 mins. Mix through the chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves and sausagemeat with clean hands: season.
- Divide into 16 and use wet hands to roll into balls.
- Halve 8 slices of prosciutto and loosely wrap half a slice around each stuffing ball. Arrange, spaced apart, on a freezer-proof plate, cover loosely with clingfilm and freeze until solid (2-3 hrs). Transfer to a freezer-proof container for up to 2 months.
- To serve, preheat oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Transfer the stuffing to a small baking dish and bake for 20 mins or until the prosciutto is crisp, and the stuffing is lightly browned and piping hot all the way through (or 71°C internal temperature on a kitchen thermometer). Scatter with extra parsley to serve, if you like.
See more Christmas side dishes
Freezing and defrosting guidelines
Once the dish has cooled completely, transfer it to an airtight, freezer-safe container, seal and freeze for up to 1-3 months. To serve, defrost thoroughly in the fridge overnight before reheating. To re-heat: Loosely cover with foil and bake until dish is thoroughly heated through. Re-heat until piping hot.