A quick recipe for mid-week dinner, Nathan Outlaw’s Kedgeree with boiled eggs is a healthy dish for kids and adults alike.
- Ask your helper to remove the skin from the haddock fillet and help them dice it into 2cm cubes. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to Gas Mark 6, 200°C, fan 180°C.
- Trim from the leek the dark green top and wash thoroughly under cold water. Slice finely and set aside. Trivia time: did you know that leeks are one of the easiest plants to grow in your home garden?
- Over a medium heat, place a large pan and add the oil and butter. Once the butter starts to bubble, add the leek, celery, shallot and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes and stir continuously so that they don't colour.
- Ask your helper to wash the rice 3-5 times under cold running water. Drain and leave to stand for 15 minutes. Add the rice to the pan, stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the fish stock, saffron and curry powder, bring to a low simmer and cover with a lid. Transfer the pan into the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and allow the eggs to boil for 10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool - ask your helper to peel the eggs.
- Once the rice is cooked, remove from the oven and add the smoked haddock.
- Place the lid back on and leave to stand for 3 minutes. Gently stir the coriander and egg through the rice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide across 4 bowls and serve with a few lemon wedges.
See more Fish and seafood recipes