Try your hand making this colourful and crunchy Asian salad, bursting with vegetables and hearty rice noodles, served alongside a speedy and fiery kimchee which packs a punch.
- To make the kimchee, blanch the cabbage in a pan of boiling salted water for 1 minute. Remove with a slotted spoon (reserving the cooking water) and refresh under cold running water; drain well. Set aside on kitchen paper for 2-3 minutes, until completely dry, then cut into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the chilli sauce, sesame oil and fish sauce. Add the chopped cabbage and stir until well coated. Cover and set aside.
- Meanwhile, tip the beansprouts and noodles into the reserved boiling water and cook for 1 minute. Drain, refresh under cold water and drain again.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the beansprouts, noodles, prawns, beans, spring onions and carrot. Scatter over most of the sesame seeds (reserving 1 tsp to garnish the salad) and toss to combine.
- In a bowl, whisk the honey, sesame oil and rice wine vinegar to make a dressing. Pour it over the salad; toss to coat. Scatter over the reserved sesame seeds and serve with the kimchee.
See more Salad recipes