This impressive-looking trout recipe can be made in just 45 minutes. Roasting the new potatoes brings out their sweet and earthy flavour, which pairs perfectly with the crisp roast trout and a fresh and zesty homemade herb butter.
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Add the oil to a large baking tray and put in the oven to heat up for 5-10 mins.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the potatoes and boil for 3 mins, then drain well. Add the potatoes to the hot baking tray and turn to coat in the oil. Roast for 15 mins, carefully shaking the tray once halfway through the cooking time.
- Push the potatoes to the sides of the baking tray, then add the trout fillets to the middle. Cook for another 5-10 mins, until the fish is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make the flavoured butter by mixing the softened butter with garlic, fresh herbs and the lemon zest in a bowl.
- To serve, squeeze some lemon juice over the fish and potatoes in the tray, then add the fish to plates. Mix the herb butter through the potatoes in the baking tray and serve alongside the fish.
See more Fish and seafood recipes