Try these delicious fishcakes made with oil-rich smoked mackerel for an easy midweek meal that you can make in just 30 minutes. They're full of flavour and taste beautiful when paired with green beans, feta and ruby red pomegranate seeds.
- Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C. Flake the mackerel and pop into a bowl.
- Squeeze the moisture out of the grated potatoes and add to the mackerel, along with the egg. Add the thyme and some pepper (but no salt as mackerel is salty enough) and work the mixture with your hands. Make 8 cakes and dip them in the breadcrumbs to coat.
- Oil a baking tray and pop the fishcakes in and bake for 20 mins, gently flipping them half way through.
- Meanwhile, blanch the beans in boiling water for 3 mins and drain.
- Toss with the olive oil and garlic, and sprinkle with the feta and pomegranate seeds. Serve with the fishcakes.
See more Mackerel recipes