Pumpkin filo triangles
Delicious, crispy parcels filled with sweet roasted pumpkin, pine nuts, creamy mozzarella and fresh mint. These savoury pastries are a great way to celebrate the sweet flavour of pumpkin in autumn, or would make a delicious snack for a Halloween party.
- Preheat the oven to gas 7, 220°C, fan 200°C. Toss the pumpkin (or butternut squash) with 1 tbsp of the oil. Season well and roast for 15 minutes or until softened and golden. Remove and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining tbsp of oil in a large frying pan over a low-medium heat. Add the onion, chilli, garlic; season well. Cook for 10 minutes, then add the pumpkin and vinegar and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl, chill for 10 minutes, and then stir in the pine nuts, mozzarella and mint.
- Preheat a large baking sheet in the oven. Meanwhile, take 2 sheets of filo and brush one with butter. Sandwich with the unbrushed sheet to double the thickness, and then slice vertically into 3 strips. Put a heaped tsp of the pumpkin mixture in the lower corner of one strip. Fold the filo over the filling to make a triangle, then continue folding up until tight. Brush again with butter. Repeat with the remaining filo and filling.
- Transfer the triangles to the hot baking tray (this keeps the base crisp) and cook for 15 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.
See more Pumpkin recipes
View full recipe details