Try these fuss-free, one-pot braised chicken legs with red cabbage for dinner tonight. Slow cooking will allow the flavours to develop, and the best part is, throwing all the ingredients in and leaving it to cook on its own.
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C.
- Heat the oil in a large casserole dish. Brown the chicken legs for 5 minutes on each side, then set aside on a plate.
- Add the onion and garlic, cover with a lid and cook gently for 10 minutes until soft. Stir through the cabbage, balsamic, sugar and star anise and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Pour over the orange juice and zest, wine and stock and bring to the boil. Cover with a lid and transfer to the oven to cook for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C. Remove the lid, nestle the chicken legs into the cabbage slightly and cook uncovered for 30 minutes until the chicken is golden and cooked through. Scatter with the parsley and serve with mash, drizzled with cooking juices.
See more Chicken recipes