Try your hand at making this simple, but flavoursome steamed chilli mussels dish that's sure to impress your dinner guests. This spicy seafood recipe is quick, fresh and bursting with colour and is the ideal dish to entertain friends and family.
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C.
- Put the potatoes in a large pan of water. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Drain and pat dry with kitchen paper. Scatter over a baking tray, and then toss with 1 tbsp of the oil and a little sea salt. Roast for 30 minutes, turning halfway, or until golden.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a pan and fry the shallot for 2-3 minutes. Add the chilli and garlic, cook for 1 minute, then pour in the wine. Leave to bubble until reduced by half.
- Add the tomatoes, 200ml (1⁄3pt) water, Worcestershire sauce and some seasoning. Cook for a further 10 minutes. Meanwhile, scrub the mussels clean, removing the beards. Discard any that are broken or don’t close when tapped.
- Add the mussels to the sauce. Cover, and then shake the pan. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the mussels have opened (discard any that don’t). Scatter over the coriander. Serve with the chips.
See more Seafood recipes