Jersey Royal potato salad with celery, fennel and pancetta recipe
This deliciously fluffy Jersey Royal potato salad is loaded with crunchy celery, punchy fennel and crispy pancetta - the perfect answer to a tasty barbecue side or a light lunch! See method
- 750g (1 1/2lb) Jersey Royal potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 x 110g pack Italian smoked pancetta, chopped
- 3 celery sticks, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 medium fennel bulb, trimmed and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or mild honey
- large handful fresh dill, leaves picked and finely chopped
If you haven't got any new potatoes, try dicing a large white potato instead
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Put the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Add a generous pinch of salt and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15-18 minutes, until tender. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and cook the pancetta for 2-3 minutes, until it begins to sizzle and crisp. Stir in the celery and fennel, then cook for a further 5 minutes, until softened.
- Remove from the heat, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then stir in the vinegar, maple syrup or honey and most of the dill.
- Drain the potatoes and halve or thickly slice, depending on their size. Toss with the fennel mixture, pile into a serving bowl and scatter over the remaining chopped dill.
See more Seasonal recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.