Ricotta, pea and mint ravioli recipe
Try making pasta from scratch with this smart dinner party dish. These elegant ravioli filled with a light pea and ricotta filling are the perfect way to showcase your new skills and impress your guests. See method
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Briefly blitz the flour and salt in a food processor. Add the eggs and blitz for 1 min or until it resembles breadcrumbs. Tip out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 5-10 mins until you have a smooth, soft dough. Shape into a ball, wrap in clingfilm and chill in the fridge for at least 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, boil half the peas for 3 mins. Drain, run under cold water to cool, then drain well. Put in a bowl with 1 tbsp oil and crush with a fork. Stir in the ricotta, chives and chopped mint; season. Cover with clingfilm and chill.
- Divide the pasta dough into 4 pieces, wrap 3 in clingfilm and return them to the fridge. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the other piece to 15 x 50cm.
- Place 5 heaped teaspoons of filling along a long side of the pasta, with a 2cm border along the edge and about 4cm between each scoop. Fold the pasta in half lengthways over the filling and press down around it. Cut into 5 ravioli and use a fork to seal the edges. Dust with flour and set aside. Repeat with the remaining pasta and filling.
- Bring a very large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the ravioli one by one, then the remaining peas. Cook for 4 mins until al dente. Gently drain and return to the pan. Add the remaining oil and the zest; gently toss to coat. Season with black pepper, scatter over the reserved mint leaves and serve with the lemon slices and grated cheese.
See more Pasta recipes