Sausage and sweet potato frittata recipe
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 454g pack Woodside Farms pork sausages
- 1 sweet potato (about 225g/8oz) peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 50g baby spinach leaves, roughly sliced
- 8 large eggs
- 1tbsp snipped chives, plus extra to garnish
- green salad, to serve
If you don't have red onions, try using white, brown or spring onions
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick frying pan with a heatproof handle. Add the sausages (no need to prick them) and fry over a medium heat for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally until evenly browned. Remove, drain on kitchen paper and allow to cool slightly before cutting each one into 5 diagonal slices.
- Wipe out the pan, then pour in the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and heat up. Tip in the the sweet potato and red onion and stir fry for 10-12 minutes until softened and turning golden. Stir in the spinach for a few seconds (just enough to wilt) then return the sausages to the pan. Preheat the grill to high.
- Beat the eggs, season, pour them into the pan, then scatter over with the snipped chives. Cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until the edges begin to set. Place the pan under the grill for a few more minutes until the top begins to puff up and is lightly browned. Scatter over the remaining snipped chives, and serve with a green salad.
COOK'S TIP This frittata is good served cold as well as warm and great for taking on a picnic.
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.