Sea bass with a chilli and lime glaze recipe
Have dinner on the table in 15 minutes with this super quick sea bass recipe. Tender sea bass is brushed with a spicy chilli and lime glaze and served with simple broccoli for a stress-free dinner. See method
- 6 sea bass fillets
- olive oil
- 2 spring onions, shredded into lengths
- 1 red chilli, finely shredded into lengths
- asparagus or Tenderstem broccoli, to serve
For the chilli, lime and brown sugar glaze
- 4 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 2-4 limes, juiced (5 tbsp juice needed)
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- red or white wine vinegar (optional)
If you don't have sea bass, try using another white fish
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Preheat the grill to hot and put a baking tray under it (choose a good strong one that won't buckle).
- Make the glaze by mixing all the ingredients together. If it tastes too sweet (some limes are sweeter than others), add a splash of red or white wine vinegar.
- Brush the skin side of each sea bass fillet with olive oil. Brush the flesh side with the glaze, keeping 1 tsp back. Season well. When the tray is hot, carefully slide it out and put the sea bass fillets on it, skin-side down. Then slide back under the grill and cook for 4-5 mins or until the fish is cooked through. The timing on this will depend on the strength of your grill and how far from the heat your tray is.
- While the fish is cooking, put the remaining glaze in a small bowl with the spring onion, chilli and a splash of olive oil (enough to coat the ingredients). Transfer the cooked fillets onto warmed plates and top each with the glaze, plus some spring onion and chilli to serve.