This classic spaghetti recipe perfectly captures Sicilian cuisine, combining rich sardines with sweet raisins and buttery pine nuts. Better still, this tasty bowl of Mediterranean goodness is ready in just 15 minutes and completely dairy-free!
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and fry the breadcrumbs for 3 mins, stirring, until golden and crisp. Season with black pepper, stir in most of the parsley and set aside.
- Cook the pasta to pack instructions. Drain (reserve 3 tbsp of the cooking water); set aside.
- Meanwhile, add the reserved oil from the sardine tin to the frying pan and heat over a low heat. Add the onion and chillies and cook for 8 mins. Stir in the raisins and wine (if using), and sizzle for 1 min or until the liquid has almost evaporated.
- Stir in the sardines and pine nuts (if using), and cook for 2 mins to heat through. Add the lemon juice.
- Add the pasta, the reserved cooking water and remaining parsley. Cook for 1-2 mins to warm through; season. Divide between 2 plates and top with the parsley breadcrumbs and lemon zest.
See more Pasta recipes