1. Prick the potatoes all over with a fork, then put in a large microwave-safe dish. Microwave on full power for 7-8 mins until tender, stirring halfway through. Preheat the oven to gas 7, 220°C, fan 200°C.
2. Arrange the potatoes on a large baking tray and drizzle with ½ tbsp oil. Bake for 30 mins, turning halfway through.
3. Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large, lidded, flameproof casserole dish over a medium heat. Fry the sausages for 10-12 mins or until browned all over and cooked through – you may need to do this in batches. Set aside. Add the bacon to the pan, increase the heat to high and fry for 3-4 mins until crisp. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
4. Reduce the heat to medium and add the vegetables. Cover and cook for 15 mins, stirring occasionally, until softened and starting to caramelise. Return the bacon to the pan and add 1 tsp smoked paprika and the passata. Rinse out the passata container with 100ml water and pour that into the pan too.
5. Simmer for 5 mins, then stir in the beans and BBQ sauce. Return the sausages to the pan, cover and simmer for another 5-10 mins over a low-medium heat until slightly thickened. Toss the potatoes with the remaining 1 tsp smoked paprika, then serve with the soured cream dip, if using, scattered with the fresh chives, and the sausages and beans.
See more Family favourite recipes
Freezing and defrosting guidelines
In order to enjoy optimum flavour and quality, frozen items are best used within 3 months of their freezing date. For more tips on freezing and defrosting food, read our article Love Your Freezer.
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.