Try this delicious blend of herbs and spiced chicken skewers paired with a cool greek yogurt. Perfect for those summer get-togethers.
- Combine the chicken, curry paste and 2 tbsp of the yogurt in a non-metallic bowl and set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat and cook the onion until just beginning to brown. Add the cumin, turmeric and rice and stir well.
- Add 450ml (3/4pt) water, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and add the spinach. Cover and leave to rest for 5 minutes. Stir through the coriander and lemon juice.
- Thread the cubed chicken onto 4 skewers (if wooden soaked for 15 minutes). Put a griddle pan over a high heat until smoking hot. Put the skewers on the griddle and cook for 6-8 minutes, turning every 2 minutes, or until cooked through and no pink meat remains.
- If cooking on a barbecue, place onto the barbecue on a medium/high heat. Cook for 5-6 minutes; turning regularly until they are cooked through and no pink meat remains.
- Serve the chicken with the rice and the remaining yogurt.
See more Summer recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.