Spicy chicken traybake recipe
Take the stress out of dinner times with an easy chicken traybake recipe that's totally fuss-free. Coat sweet potatoes and onions with spicy BBQ seasoning, load onto a tray with chicken thighs and bake until slightly charred and crisp. Whip up a quick garlic and lemon yogurt dressing and finish with a sprinkle of coriander and lemon for a winning gluten-free dinner idea. See method
- 3 sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into wedges
- 3 red onions, quartered
- 750g pack chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tbsp Texan BBQ inspired seasoning
- ½ x 350g pack broccoli, stem diced, head cut into small florets
- 100g low-fat natural yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lemon, ½ zested and juiced, ½ cut into wedges
- 15g fresh coriander, roughly chopped
If you don't have red onions, try using white, brown or spring onions
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Put the sweet potatoes and onions in a large roasting tin and nestle the chicken thighs among them. Drizzle with the oil, season lightly, sprinkle over the BBQ seasoning and toss to coat.
- Bake for 50 mins, tossing the veg and chicken and adding the broccoli halfway through, until the vegetables are slightly charred and the chicken is crisp and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, mix the yogurt with the garlic, lemon zest and juice in a small bowl; season lightly.
- Divide the chicken and vegetables between 4 plates, drizzle with the lemony yogurt dressing and scatter over the coriander. Serve with the lemon wedges to squeeze over.
See more Chicken recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.