Snacking at its finest – baked jalapeño peppers filled with gorgeous cream cheese, all wrapped in crispy prosciutto and served with a fresh tomato and spring onion salsa. Perfect as a shareable starter or light bite, this snack idea is really satisfying and easy-to-make.
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C, and line a baking sheet with baking paper. Mix together the cream cheese, smoked paprika, chives and grated cheese.
- Place the jalapeños onto the baking sheet, cut-side up. Place a spoonful of the cream-cheese mix into the cavity of each jalapeño pepper. Wrap a strip of prosciutto around each jalapeño.
- Put the filled peppers on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden and melting and the prosciutto is crisp.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa. Place the chopped cherry tomatoes, spring onion, coriander, olive oil and lime zest and a squeeze of juice into a small bowl. Season well and mix together thoroughly.
- Serve the jalapeños hot with the salsa on the side to dip into.
Tip: You can make these ahead of time. Stuff the peppers and wrap, up to a day in advance. Keep covered in the fridge until ready to bake.
See more Cheese recipes