Tuesday - Arrabbiata meatball bake
400g beef steak mince
1 small onion, coarsely grated
1½ tsp dried oregano
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1½ tbsp olive oil
500g jar tomato and chilli sauce
50g (2 slices) crusty white bloomer, cut into croutons
65g Grana Padano, finely grated
15g fresh basil, a few whole leaves reserved, the rest chopped
1 red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
440g green beans, trimmed, to serve
1. Put the beef mince, onion, 1 tsp oregano and half the garlic in a bowl; season. Mix with clean hands to combine, then roll into 16 balls.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large, deep frying pan over a medium-high heat and fry the meatballs for 6-8 mins until golden brown all over. Preheat the oven to gas 7, 220°C, fan 200°C.
3. Pour the sauce into the pan and stir to coat the meatballs. Cook for 3-4 mins until bubbling. Mix the remaining garlic, ½ tsp oregano, the bread and cheese in a bowl.
4. Stir the chopped basil and chilli, if using, into the sauce, then transfer to a roasting dish. Scatter with the cheesy croutons and drizzle with ½ tbsp oil. Bake for 15-20 mins until the topping is golden and crisp and the meatballs are cooked through.
5. Meanwhile, boil the green beans for 2-3 mins until tender. Drain and serve with the bake, scattered with the whole basil leaves.