Sweet potato and chorizo frittata
1 medium sweet potato, diced
2 tbsp olive oil
4 spring onions, sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
8 slices chorizo, chopped
5 eggs, lightly whisked handful
shredded lettuce leaves
¼ cucumber portion, cut into chunky rounds
1. Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Simmer the sweet potato in boiling water for 10 mins until tender, then drain.
2. Heat ½ tbsp oil in a 20cm ovenproof frying pan or shallow casserole dish over a medium heat, then add the spring onions, garlic and chorizo and cook for 2 mins.
3. Tip into a mixing bowl and add the drained sweet potato. Pour in the whisked eggs and stir to combine the veg and eggs.
4. Add the remaining oil to the pan, then tip in the frittata mix. Cook over a medium heat for 5 mins until the base is cooked and the mix is beginning to come away from the edges. Transfer the frittata to the oven and cook for 10 mins until golden and set in the middle.
5. Leave to cool slightly, then invert the frittata onto a chopping board or serving plate. Serve with the lettuce and cucumber.