Barbecued spinach and feta flatbreads
If you're throwing a last minute barbecue and you have some veggie guests coming, don't panic - these delicious flatbreads take just 10 minutes on the grill and are packed with a heavenly, creamy mixture of spinach and feta.
- Taking handfuls of spinach, squeeze out as much water as you can and pat dry on clean kitchen paper. Finely chop.
- In a frying pan set over a medium heat, add half the oil and fry the onion, garlic and lemon zest for 10 minutes, until softened and lightly golden. Stir in the spinach and cook for 2 minutes until hot, then add the feta and remove from the heat. Mix well, season then set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes and coriander and stir in 2 tsp lemon juice and the remaining oil; season to taste.
- Preheat the barbecue or a large griddle pan. Spread a wrap with a quarter of the spinach and feta mix and top with a second wrap, pressing down firmly. Cook on the hot barbecue or pan for 3-4 minutes each side, until charred and heated through. Repeat until you have 4 filled wraps.
- Slice the wraps into wedges and serve with the salsa, lettuce and lemon.
See more Vegetarian BBQ recipes
View full recipe details