Sharing Camembert with port-roasted grapes recipe
Get cheesy this festive season with this ooey, gooey Camembert dish that's perfect for sharing See method
- 500g pack black seedless grapes, snipped into small bunches
- 2½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 4 rosemary sprigs
- 4 tbsp port
- 250g whole Camembert
- 6 sheets (125g) filo pastry
- 50g walnut halves
- crusty bread, to serve (optional)
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Lay the grapes in a roasting tin lined with nonstick baking paper, keeping them on the vine. Drizzle over 1 tbsp oil, season, then roast for 20 mins. Scatter over the sugar and the leaves from 3 rosemary sprigs, then pour the port around the grapes. Return to the oven for 15 mins, then set aside. Turn the oven down to gas 5, 190°C, fan 170°C.
- Meanwhile, lay a sheet of filo on a work surface and brush lightly with olive oil; top with a second sheet, brushing with olive oil as before. Add a third sheet, offset so the corners sit slightly to the right of the previous layer. Brush with olive oil and cover exactly with a fourth sheet, brushing with olive oil. Lay a fifth sheet down again, offset again, brush with oil and cover with a final sheet.
- Place the whole Camembert in the centre and bring the pastry up around it evenly like a moneybag, pressing together gently and arranging so the pastry corners form a spiky ‘crown’ on top. Don’t press together too tightly or the bunched-up pastry won’t cook through. Brush the entire surface with oil and transfer to a lined baking sheet. Dip the remaining rosemary sprig in the remaining drops of oil and set aside.
- Bake the filo parcel for 25 mins, then tuck the rosemary sprig in the top. Bake for 10-15 mins more until the pastry is golden and crisp. Spread the nuts on a tray and roast alongside the pastry for the final 6-7 mins until golden. Allow to cool, then roughly crush or chop. Serve the pastry crown with the roasted grapes and their syrup, scattering the nuts over to finish.
See more Christmas recipes