Make the most of hearty root veg with these tasty tortillas, stuffed with Mexican black beans, tender spinach and earthy sweet potato chunks, all topped with a drizzle of zingy yogurt dressing. Serve with herby roasted parsnip crisps for a delicious, easy midweek feast that's vegan and dairy-free.
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Put the sweet potatoes on a baking tray, season and drizzle with ½ tbsp oil. Put the parsnips on a second tray, season, drizzle with ½ tbsp oil and toss with the rosemary. Roast both for 30-35 mins, tossing once halfway through, until the sweet potatoes have softened and the parsnips are crisp and slightly charred.
- Meanwhile, fry the onion in the remaining oil over a medium heat. Cook for 20-25 mins until caramelised, stirring often. Transfer to a bowl; set aside.
- Add the spinach to the pan, cover and cook over a medium heat for 2 mins to wilt. Squeeze out any excess moisture, season, then add to the onions; set aside. Add the black beans to the pan for 1 min to heat through.
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a bowl. Wrap the tortilla wraps in foil and warm in the oven for 2-3 mins.
- Divide the sweet potatoes, beans and spinach between the tortillas; top with onion and drizzle with dressing. Wrap and serve with the parsnip chips.
See more Vegan recipes