Candy cane cheesecake recipe
Get into full-on festive spirit with this fun candy cane cheesecake made with a crunchy biscuit base, creamy peppermint topping and, of course, plenty of candy canes. Want to make ahead? You can keep the cheesecake in the fridge for up to three days. See method
- 80g unsalted butter, melted
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 660g soft cheese
- 150g icing sugar
- 300ml double cream
- 1½ tsp peppermint extract plus ¼ tsp
- 100g candy canes, roughly crushed
- 50g unsalted butter, at room temperature
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Lightly grease a 20cm loose bottom or spring form cake tin with a little melted butter and line the bottom and sides with nonstick baking paper.
- Blitz the digestives to crumbs in a food processor, then stir in the remaining melted butter until completely combined. Transfer to the prepared tin and spread over the base, pressing down with the back of a spoon to pack it down and level. Chill in the fridge for 30 mins or the freezer for 15 mins, until set.
- Whisk 560g of soft cheese with 100g icing sugar together in a large mixing bowl using a handheld electric whisk until well combined, then whisk in the double cream and peppermint extract until it just reaches soft peaks. Fold in 70g crushed candy canes, then spread over the set base and chill in the fridge for 6 hours or best overnight.
- Before serving, whisk the remaining 100g of soft cheese together with the butter, remaining icing sugar and ¼ tsp peppermint extract. Pipe into 12 swirls using a star nozzle around the edge of the cheesecake. Scatter over the remaining crushed candy canes just before serving. The cheesecake will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
See more Christmas recipes