You should receive an email shortly.
Please log in to add this recipe
Go to binder
This Chinese-style omelette (紅蘿蔔炒蛋) is made with just a handful of ingredients you probably already have in your fridge. We like ours served with rice and a drizzle of hot sauce. See method
of the reference intake
1. Beat the eggs in a bowl. Add a pinch of salt and white pepper, and half the green spring onions; whisk well.
2. Heat the oil in a small 24cm frying pan, add half the white spring onions and half the ginger. Sauté for 1 min until aromatic.
3. Add half the carrots. Stir-fry for 4-5 mins on a high heat until the carrots are cooked and softened. Add more oil if needed.
4. Spread out the veg, then add half the beaten eggs. Cook for another 1-2 mins, then carefully flip the omelette. Remove from the pan. Repeat to make a second omelette with the rest of the eggs, carrots, ginger and white spring onions.
5. Serve the omelettes on top of rice and garnish with the remaining green spring onions. Top with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and a drizzle of chilli oil, sriracha or any sauce of your choice, if you like. Enjoy!
See more Chinese recipes
Before you comment please read our community guidelines.