You can’t beat good pasta cooked with great produce. All Tesco pasta is made in Italy by only three families for an authentic taste, making it the perfect ingredient to carry the fresh flavours of this lemon, chilli, pea and artichoke pasta dish.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the pasta according to the pack instructions.
- Drain the artichokes really well (they should only have a little oil clinging to them). Heat a griddle pan or a frying pan until very hot and cook the artichokes until charred on each side.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the garlic and chilli and cook gently over a low heat for about 2 mins, stirring continuously to make sure the garlic doesn’t brown.
- Add the artichokes, peas, lemon zest and thyme leaves and cook for 2 mins.
- Drain the pasta well, reserving 2 tbsp of the cooking water and add to the artichoke sauce. Add a little lemon juice to the sauce to taste, then add the parsley and gently stir together. Mix the pasta through the sauce, then add the goat’s cheese and basil leaves and serve.
Spaghetti and linguine pair well with light cream or oil-based sauces, as well as tomato sauce or seafood.