Cheesy mummies recipe
All you need are a couple of readily available ingredients to make these super savoury cheesy mummies See method
- 375g pack ready-rolled lighter puff pastry
- 250g Camembert
- 4 Mini Babybel
- beaten egg, to glaze
- black olives, sliced
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Unroll ready-rolled lighter puff pastry and cut a circle of pastry around the Camembert, leaving a 3cm border. Pull the pastry up to cover the sides of the cheese, pressing to secure. Brush the edges with a little water.
- Cut 4 x 2cm-wide strips from a long edge of the pastry and lay them across the cheese, trimming and layering to create a bandage effect: press gently to secure. Transfer to the fridge for 20 mins. Meanwhile, use an 8cm pastry cutter to cut out 4 pastry circles. Reroll the trimmings and cut into 1cm strips. Place an unwrapped Mini Babybel in the middle of each pastry circle, then enclose by pulling up the borders and pinching together. Press together to smooth and seal, then place seam-side down on a lined baking sheet.
- Brush each with a little water and lay strips of pastry across each to create a bandage effect; press gently to secure. Chill for at least 15 mins.
- Preheat the oven to gas 7, 220°C, fan 200°C. Brush the pastry with beaten egg and press on sliced black olives as eyes. Bake the large mummy for 25 mins, adding the mini mummies after 10 mins. Leave to cool for 5 mins before serving.
Any round cheese will work: try goat’s cheese or mozzarella
See more Halloween recipes