Quick and simple to make, but with bags of flavour and fun, these chicken filo pizzas – with button mushrooms, chorizo and mozzarella - take a classic recipe and give it an original twist to make for a filling family feast.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, fan 200°C, gas 7.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, season the chicken with salt and pepper, then cry for 5 minutes until just cooked. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the sundried tomato paste to the crème fraîche and stir to combine.
- Grease 2 large baking sheets with a little of the butter, then brush a sheet of filo pastry with butter and place on a baking sheet. Lay another sheet on top and butter again. Top with a third sheet of pastry and brush with butter, then scrunch up the edges slightly to form a “pizza crust”. Keep the remaining sheets of filo covered with a damp cloth to prevent them drying out.
- Spoon half the crème fraiche mix onto the filo base and spread out to cover the filo in an even layer. Top with the half the mushrooms, chorizo and chicken, then sprinkle over 125g of the mozzarella.
- Repeat with the remaining filo sheets and ingredients on the second baking sheet and bake both pizzas for 10 minutes, until the top is bubbling and the edges are crisp and golden. Cut into wedges and serve immediately.
See more #EvenBetter recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home and view the full Food safety at home video.
As part of a healthy balanced diet, we recommend this recipe for a special occasion or treat.