Fiorentina pizza recipe
Add a satisfying meaty twist to this classic Italian Fiorentina pizza. This speedy family favourite is packed full of fresh flavours with the unbeatable combination of eggs, spinach and ham - guaranteed to please all the family. See method
- 240g pack baby spinach
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 x pack pizza bases (2 in a pack)
- 350g pot fresh tomato and basil sauce
- 250g bag grated mozzarella
- 1 mozzarella ball, drained and torn
- 125g pack wafer thin Wiltshire cured ham
- 4 medium free-range eggs
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C.
- In a large frying pan, sauté the spinach with the oil on a medium heat, keep moving it until it has wilted and set this aside.
- Unwrap the pizza bases placing each one on a baking tray and then spread over a generous amount of the fresh tomato sauce leaving a 1cm gap around the edge of each base. (The tomato sauce pot will do both pizza bases)
- Scatter over the grated mozzarella cheese, followed by the mozzarella ball torn pieces. Tear the ham and scatter this and the spinach over both bases too. Now crack two eggs onto each pizza carefully, make sure each one is on either side of the pizza as you will be cutting the pizza in half to serve, this way everyone gets an egg on their half of pizza.
- Place the pizza into the pre-heated oven and cook for 18 mins. Remove and cut in half. Serve with a little drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil and seasoning if preferred.
See more #EvenBetter recipes
If serving vulnerable groups, elderly people, toddlers, pregnant women and people who are unwell, cook eggs until the whites and yolks are solid.
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.