This spicy, Mexican-inspired steak recipe is perfect for easy weekend barbecues or a quick, meaty meal.
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Toss the potatoes with the oil and Cajun spice mix until well coated. Arrange in a roasting tin and cook for 30 mins, turning once, until golden and crispy.
- Rub each steak with the chipotle paste and set aside to marinate. If using a barbecue, light it and let the flames die down ready for cooking the steaks later.
- In a large bowl mix the corn, cherry tomatoes, avocado, onion, coriander, chilli, lime juice and zest. Season to taste.
- Cook the steaks on the hot barbecue for 3-4 mins on each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Alternatively, set a griddle pan over a medium-high heat and cook the steaks as above. Loosely cover the steaks with foil and leave to rest for 5 mins.
- Divide the wedges and steaks between 4 plates and serve with the Mexican salsa and a dollop of soured cream on the side.
Tip: For a perfectly cooked steak, let the meat sit at room temperature for 20-30 mins before cooking.
See more Steak recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.