Leftover pizza with ham, ricotta and basil recipe
Keep the ingredients for this simple pizza in your storecupboard and fridge, so when you have the urge to phone for a pizza, you can just make it at home instead! This is a lovely quick leftovers idea from our ham sloppy joes dish. If you'd like to make it from scratch, you'll need 60g (2 1/2 oz) of leftover cooked ham. See method
- 145g (5oz) pizza base mix
- 6 tbsp ready-made arrabbiata tomato sauce
- 60g (2 1/2oz) leftover cooked ham, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 100g ricotta cheese
- 7.5ml (1/2tbsp) olive oil
- handful basil leaves
If you don't have red onions, try using white, brown or spring onions
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
The leftover meat needs to be thoroughly reheated until piping hot and should never be re-heated more than once.
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 7, 220°C, fan 200°C. Make up the pizza base following the pack instructions and roll out. Place on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Spread the tomato sauce over the base, scatter over the ham and onion, then dot over the ricotta and drizzle with the oil. Bake for 15 minutes, until golden. Top with the basil leaves just before serving.
See more Pork recipes
Please note that 60g (2 1/2oz) of cooked ham is not included in the shop ingredients list as this is a leftover, so you will need to enter the product in your shoppping basket if making this recipe from scratch.
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.