Fish and veggie parcels with couscous recipe
Your budding chefs will love getting stuck in in the kitchen with these vibrant fish and veggie couscous parcels. Not only are they a great way of introducing kids to cooking with fish, but they're also healthy and can be on the table in just half an hour. See method
- 120g couscous
- 200ml hot fish stock, made with ½ fish stock cube
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 1 x 130g pack baby corn, chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeded and finely sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and finely sliced
- 1 x 280g pack skinless and boneless cod loin, cut into 2cm cubes
If you don't have any limes, try a lemon instead
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Put a baking tray in the oven and preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Put the couscous in a bowl and cover with the hot stock. Set aside for 5 mins until the stock is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, mix the lime juice and honey in a small bowl. Lay out 4 x 40cm squares of nonstick baking paper and spoon the couscous into the middle of the paper squares, then arrange the vegetables and fish on top.
- Drizzle over the lime-honey mix. Scrunch the parcels together to seal. Put the parcels on the tray and cook for 20 mins. Transfer each parcel to a plate to serve. Open them carefully, allowing the steam to escape first.
Tip: Roll your limes on the work surface with the palm of your hand before cutting and squeezing to get maximum juice!
See more Easy recipes for kids