The moreish chorizo, salty feta and spinach are perfect together in this gluten-free tart. Ideal for a casual lunch, dinner or picnic, and if there are any leftovers the perfect lunch box meal.
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C.
- Heat 3 tbsp olive oil in a large pan over a low-medium heat. Add the onions, garlic and some freshly ground black pepper. Sweat gently for 10 minutes, then add in the sliced chorizo and fry off to release the oils for a further 5 minutes. By this stage the onions should be completely soft and translucent. Remove from the heat and crumble in the feta.
- Place a separate pan over a high heat and add the spinach with a tablespoon of water drizzled over. Cook for a few minutes, stirring all the time, until the leaves have wilted. Then transfer to a sieve and squeeze out any excess liquid. Add the spinach to the chorizo and feta and stir everything together. Season to taste.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cream and eggs, then add in most of the chorizo, feta and spinach mixture (reserving about 6 tablespoons) and mix everything together until well combined.
- Add the egg, chorizo, feta and spinach mixture to the tart shell, spreading out evenly. See our Gluten-free pastry recipe. Then top with the reserved spinach, chorizo and feta. (This makes the tart prettier, once cooked.)
- Place the tart shell in the oven and cook for 30-35 minutes, until the top has browned a little and the tart is slightly firm to the touch. If the top browns too quickly, cover with foil. Remove from the oven, leave to stand for 5 minutes and serve immediately.
See more Gluten-free recipes