Gluten-free basil pizza recipe
- 50ml warm milk
- 1 tsp Allinson easy bake yeast
- 500g gluten free flour
- 1tbsp honey
- 0.5tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp olive oil, to glaze bowl
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Mix the yeast with 100ml warm milk and leave for 5 minutes. Place the flour, honey, vinegar, olive oil, basil and egg into a food mixer and mix together ideally using a dough hook or a flat blade.
- Gradually add the yeast mixture and mix again. Slowly add the remaining 50ml milk and whizz together until a thick dough has formed. Remove and knead for 5 minutes. Grease a large bowl and place the dough inside to rise for an hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Knock back the dough and knead gently onto a floured work surface. Divide the mixture into 4 and roll into 8cm rounds. Add your desired topping.
- Line a tray with nonstick baking paper. Transfer your prepared pizza base and topping to the baking tray. Leave to rise again for 45 minutes.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 220°C/ 425°F/ Gas Mark 7 and serve when ready.
Freezing and defrosting guidelines
This recipe is ideal for freezing. In order to enjoy optimum flavour and quality, frozen items are best used within 3 months of their freezing date. Always defrost and heat thoroughly before eating. For more tips on freezing and defrosting food, read our article Love Your Freezer
See more Italian recipes