Grapefruit royale recipe
Pop a bottle of fizz and celebrate with these sparkling grapefruit royale cocktails. With pink grapefruit juice and clever grapefruit hearts to finish, this is the the perfect Valentine's Day or romantic cocktail to share with loved ones. See method
- 1 red grapefruit, halved
- 25ml vodka
- 200ml sparkling rosé, chilled
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- To make the garnish, cut a 2cm thick slice from one of the grapefruit halves. Cut this in half then remove the peel from each half moon using a knife.
- Take one strip of peel and, starting 1cm from the top, cut down the middle all the way to the bottom. You will have two 1cm strips connected at the top. Using the join as the heart's point, bend the loose ends down inwards to make a heart shape. Secure with a cocktail stick, as shown. Repeat with the other strip of peel.
- Juice the remaining grapefruit until you have 100ml of juice. Mix the juice with the vodka in a jug and chill, if you have time.
- When ready to serve, divide the vodka mix between 2 Champagne flutes or coupes and top with chilled sparkling rosé. Finish with the grapefruit garnish.
See more Dinner ideas for two