A tasty Greek twist on the classic stuffed peppers. This vibrant version is packed with all the delicious flavours of the Mediterranean including sundried tomatoes and creamy feta cheese. Kids will love this colourful family-friendly one-dish meal.
- Ensure your peppers can stand upright, slicing slivers from the bottom, if needed (but don’t discard). Put the peppers in in a large pan of boiling water for 5 mins to soften slightly, then remove and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the beef mince and cook for 5 mins until browned. Add any pepper off-cuts, the spring onions and garlic and cook for a further 1-2 mins. Add the red wine or stock and leave to bubble for 1 min.
- Stir in the tomato purée, pasta sauce, oregano, paprika and cinnamon; season well. Continue cooking, over a medium heat, for 7 mins.
- Stand the peppers upright on a baking tray lined with kitchen foil. Spoon the beef mixture into the peppers and top each with the cheese. Bake for 20 mins, until the cheese is bubbling and golden.
- Serve with a mixed salad and some crusty bread on the side, if you like.
Top Tip: To make the mince go further, add 1 x 250g pack Tesco Basmati microwave rice to the filling mixture.
See more #EvenBetter recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.