Nectarine and raspberry Pavlova recipe
Topped with juicy nectarines and sweetly-tart raspberries, this Pavlova is sure to be a huge hit with your guests. See method
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Preheat the oven to gas 1-2, 130°C, fan 110°C. Line a baking sheet with nonstick baking paper and draw a 23cm circle in the centre.
- Whisk the egg whites in a grease-free bowl until they form stiff peaks. Add half the caster sugar and whisk again until the mixture is thick and shiny. Mix the cornflour, vanilla and vinegar to a paste and fold into the eggs whites with the remaining sugar.
- Pile the meringue into the circle on the baking sheet, making a hollow in centre. Bake for about 1¼–1½ hours or until pale brown but a little soft in the centre. Leave to cool.
- To make the raspberry sauce, mash 100g of the raspberries with the caster sugar, stir until the sugar dissolves. Now push the mixture through a nylon seive to remove the pips. Chill until required.
- Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks, heap in the centre of the meringue and top with the remaining fruit. Serve within 1 hour of filling.
See more Dessert recipes