We've given this fusilli dish a summery spin, making it perfect for enjoying alfresco as the evenings grow lighter. With sweet peas, creamy almonds and homemade, zesty pesto this easy pasta recipe is ideal for adding to your midweek repertoire.
- Cook the fusilli in a large pan of boiling, salted water, following the packet instructions.
- Put the peas in a bowl and pour over freshly boiled water from the kettle. Leave to thaw for 5 minutes, then drain.
- Set aside a handful of the peas and put the rest in a food processor along with the garlic, mint and almonds. Whizz until finely chopped. Add the feta, 1 tbsp olive oil and the lemon juice. Season well and pulse to combine. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a nonstick frying pan. Add the breadcrumbs and fry, stirring, until golden. Transfer to a bowl and stir through the parsley and the lemon zest.
- Drain the fusilli, reserving a little of the cooking water, and return to the pan. Add the pea pesto, reserved peas and the cooking water and mix until the pasta is well coated. To serve, divide the mixture between bowls and scatter over the herby breadcrumbs and a little extra feta.
See more Dinner ideas for two