Bring the taste of the sea straight to your plate with this super easy, speedy paella recipe. You can be tucking into traditional paella packed with squid, cod loin and king prawns, and flavoured with smoked paprika and saffon, in no time at all with this hassle-free version.
- Preheat the oven to gas 7, 220°C, fan 200°C.
- Put an ovenproof paella pan or wide frying pan over the highest heat. Add the olive oil, chopped squid and 1 tbsp rock or sea salt. Let the water from the squid evaporate before adding the red peppers and runner beans, stirring constantly, so that all the ingredients brown nicely.
- Add the garlic and stir for 1 minute before adding the paprika. Stir again and cook for 30 seconds, then add the grated tomatoes, saffron and the crumbled fish stock cubes.
- Add the rice and stir for 2 minutes to sear it and give a slightly crispier bite to the end dish. Pour over 1ltr (1 3/4pt) hot water straight from the kettle and stir well. Adjust the seasoning, if necessary, and continue to cook over the highest heat for 5 minutes.
- Scatter over the peeled prawns and cod and gently mix in, then put the pan into the oven. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the ajillo. Mix all the ingredients together and pour into a small bowl and set aside until ready to serve.
- Remove the pan from the oven and rest for 5 minutes. Divide the paella between bowls, and drizzle with ajillo to serve.
See more Spanish recipes