Ras el hanout-glazed lamb chops recipe
An easy, yet delicious, lamb chop recipe made with the wonderful spice mix – ras el hanout – as well as lemon, garlic and parsley. This is a quick 15 minute main course that would be perfect served with a couscous salad. See method
- 8 lamb chops
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp ras el hanout
- ½ lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely crushed
- 3 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Rub the lamb chops all over with 1 tbsp olive oil. In a small bowl, mix the remaining 1 tbsp oil with the ras el hanout, lemon zest and juice, and garlic.
- Preheat a griddle pan over a high heat until smoking. Add the lamb chops, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 3-4 mins on each side for pink meat in the middle.
- One side at a time, brush the ras el hanout oil over the chops and cook for 30 secs more on each side until lightly charred. Remove the chops to a plate, cover with foil and leave to rest for 5 mins. Scatter over the parsley before serving.
See more Lamb recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.