Classic Italian carbonara has been given a tasty twist with the addition of baked salmon and a squeeze of lemon. A hearty midweek meal made with spaghetti and fresh eggs that can be ready in just 30 minutes - no doubt the family will love this!
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, 180°C.
- Place the salmon fillets on a baking tray, drizzle with the olive oil, scatter with half the lemon zest and a squeeze of juice and season well. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until just cooked. Remove and discard the skin and any bones, then flake the salmon flesh into bite-size pieces and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions and drain, reserving a cupful of the cooking water.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, Parmesan, cream, remaining lemon zest, a squeeze of lemon juice and the herbs (reserving a little for garnish). Season well. Add the hot cooked pasta and flaked salmon, and toss together. Add a little of the reserved cooking liquor to loosen the sauce if it is too thick.
- Serve hot, scattered with a little more Parmesan and the reserved herbs.
See more #EvenBetter recipes
If serving vulnerable groups, elderly people, toddlers, pregnant women and people who are unwell, cook eggs until the whites and yolks are solid.