This golden Christmas dessert packed full of flavour makes for a showstopping post-dinner sweet treat. Crisp cox apples filled with salted caramel, baked to perfection and topped with liqueur soaked dried fruits.
- Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C.
- Place the cored apples into a medium sized roasting tin.
- Heat the butter, sugar and salt together in a small saucepan. Do not stir the caramel but gently swirl the pan until all the grains of sugar have dissolved. Pour the caramel into the centre of each apple and bake for 30 mins, until the apples have softened.
- Meanwhile gently heat the liqueur, dried fruits and mixed spice in a saucepan for 2-3 mins until the fruit is starting to plump up. Set aside and allow to infuse. Reheat for a further few minutes just before the end of the apple cooking time.
- Once the apples have finished cooking and are golden brown stuff the infused fruit and liqueur mixture into the cores and sprinkle with the toasted pecan nuts. Serve.
See more Christmas dessert recipes