Salted caramel pots recipe
These simple and delicious salted caramel pots will certainly keep the family sweet. Combining classic caramel with a hint of vanilla and a sprinkling of sea salt with a dark chocolate and salted caramel liqueur ganache, this is the ultimate indulgent Christmas dessert. See method
For the caramel
- 130g (4 1/2oz) granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp water
- 20g unsalted butter
- 6 tbsp double cream
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt flakes, plus extra for sprinkling
For the chocolate topping
- 200g Tesco Finest Swiss 72% dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 25g unsalted butter
- 160ml double cream
- 55ml Tesco Finest salted caramel cream liqueur
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- To make the caramel, place the sugar and water in a saucepan and allow to dissolve over a medium heat. Once the sugar has dissolved raise the heat and simmer gently. Do not stir the caramel at any stage, instead swirl the pan lightly. Once the caramel is a golden remove from the heat and swirl in the butter. Quickly beat in the cream and add the vanilla and half the sea salt flakes. Immediately pour into the bottom of the ramekins and chill to set while you make the chocolate topping.
- Heat a small pan of water over a medium heat. Once simmering, place a heatproof bowl over the pan. In the bowl melt together the chocolate and butter. Once melted, remove from the heat and stir through the cream, liqueur and remaining sea salt. Pour the ganache into the ramekins, over the caramel and sprinkle with sea salt. Leave to set for 30 mins and serve immediately.
Tip: You could also serve these in 4 x 100ml ramekins, if you would like larger portions.
See more Christmas dessert recipes
As part of a healthy balanced diet, we recommend this recipe for a special occasion or treat.