A wonderful recipe created by food vloggers the Dumpling Sisters that uses the ingredients for a traditional chicken and leek pie to make a classic stir-fry. Tender chicken thighs meet with deliciously authentic Chinese flavours in this spicy main that can be rustled up in no time, making it the perfect no-frills weeknight meal.
- Combine the marinade ingredients with 2 tbsp water in a bowl. Add the chicken pieces and stir well. Set aside until needed.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok over a high heat. Add half of the garlic and ginger and fry briefly until fragrant. Add the chicken strips and cook for 6-8 minutes until golden. Remove and set aside.
- In the same wok, heat the remaining oil. Fry the rest of the garlic and ginger, along with the chilli. Add the leeks and red pepper. Sprinkle in 1 tbsp water to create some steam and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes until the vegetables have softened.
- Return the chicken to the wok and drizzle in the dark soy sauce. Stir-fry until evenly mixed and the chicken is cooked through with no pink meat remaining.
- This goes really well with steamed rice.
See more Chicken recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.
This delicious recipe was created by food vloggers the Dumpling Sisters and is part of our Tesco Dinner Tonight series, which shows you how to turn kitchen classics into new and inspiring dishes. You can watch the full recipe video here.