Turkey and cranberry sausage rolls recipe
- 450g minced raw turkey
- 2tbsp cranberry jelly
- 1tbsp plain flour
- 20g dried cranberries
- 30g chopped pecan nuts
- freshly ground black pepper
- 375g puff pastry ready rolled
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Mix the turkey, cranberry jelly and plain flour in a food processor. Carefully add the cranberries and pecan nuts and pulse quickly so as to combine the ingredients but still maintain their texture. Unravel the pastry and cut in half lengthways. Mould the mixture into 2 sausage strips and lay on top of the pastry. Brush the egg onto the sides of the pastry, then fold one side of the pastry over, wrapping the filling inside. Press down with your fingers or the edge of a fork to seal the join.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the long sausage rolls into equal sizes and space them out on to a tray lined with baking parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 400°F / Gas mark 6. Brush with the remaining egg yolk. Bake for 25 minutes or until puffed up and golden and cooked through.
See more Sausage recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.