Friday: Tuna and sweetcorn pot pie
1kg floury potatoes,, cut into wedges
2 thyme sprigs, leaves picked
1 rosemary sprig, needles picked and chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
50g buttery spread
50g plain flour
600ml milk, plus 1 tbsp
2 x 145g tins tuna in brine, drained
320g frozen sweetcorn, defrosted
4 spring onions, finely chopped
375g pack lighter puff pastry
1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
1. Preheat the oven to gas 7, 220°C, fan 200°C. Toss the potatoes, herbs and oil together on a large baking tray; season. Arrange in a single layer and roast for 30-35 mins, turning halfway, until golden.
2. Meanwhile, melt the spread in a large saucepan until foaming. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 min. Slowly add the milk, stirring constantly to a smooth sauce. Cook for 2-3 mins until thick enough to coat the back of the spoon.
3. Stir in the tuna, sweetcorn and spring onions. Heat for 5-6 mins until piping hot. Add a splash more milk if the sauce thickens too much. Transfer to a 20cm round pie dish about 7cm deep (or a 20 x 15cm rectangular one with a lip).
4. Unroll the pastry over the pie dish. Trim any excess over the sides and crimp the edges with a fork. Brush with 1 tbsp milk and cut a steam hole in the middle. Decorate with the offcuts, if you like, brushing with milk. Bake for 20-25 mins alongside the potatoes until the pastry is golden brown.
5. When the pie and potatoes have 10 mins remaining, cook the broccoli in a pan of boiling water for 6-8 mins until tender. Drain well and serve with the pot pie and herby wedges.