Thursday: Baked mushrooms with quick garlic bread
500g jar no-added-sugar chunky veg sauce
8 large flat mushrooms, stalks finely chopped
2½ tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
10g thyme sprigs, leaves picked
3 garlic cloves, 2 finely diced, 1 whole
½ ciabatta loaf
75g mature Cheddar, grated
90g bag rocket and babyleaf salad
1. Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C.
2. In a large baking dish, mix the sauce with 100ml water. Add the mushrooms, gill-side up, and bake for 15 mins. Set aside. Preheat the grill to medium-high.
3. Meanwhile, heat 2 tsp oil in a pan over a medium-high heat. Add the mushroom stalks, onion and thyme; cook for 10 mins until soft. Add the diced garlic for 2 mins.
4. Cut 4 thick slices of ciabatta; set aside. In a food processor, blitz the remaining ciabatta into crumbs, then mix with the grated cheese and some black pepper.
5. Divide the onion mixture between each mushroom. Top with the breadcrumbs.
6. Brush both sides of the ciabatta slices with 1½ tbsp oil; put on a baking tray. Grill the bread and mushrooms for 3-5 mins, turning the bread halfway, until the tops are golden and the bread is toasted. Rub the toast with the whole garlic clove.
7. Toss the salad with the remaining 1 tsp oil. Divide the sauce between plates and top with 2 mushrooms. Serve with a slice of garlic bread and the salad alongside.