Gooey gnocchi bake
This homemade gnocchi pasta bake is a little different to the usual. Make your pasta quickly by using instant mashed potato, then bake topped with your tomato sauce, mozzarella and breadcrumbs for a delicious family dinner.
- Tip the potato sachets into a large heatproof bowl and mix in 300ml boiling water. Add a pinch of salt and lots of black pepper, then mix in the egg and flour. Knead briefly into a soft pliable dough. Divide into 4.
- Using your hands, lightly roll each piece of dough on a lightly floured surface to make a sausage as wide as your thumb. Use a sharp knife to cut into 3cm pieces. Transfer to a lightly floured tray to keep them separate and prevent them sticking.
- Preheat the oven to gas 7, 220°C, fan 200°C. Bring a pan of water to the boil. Add the gnocchi in 3 batches, cook for 1-2 mins (or until they rise to the top), then remove with a slotted spoon. Transfer to a large, shallow baking dish.
- Meanwhile, tip the pasta sauce into a pan and gently bring to the boil. Stir in the cherry tomatoes, olives and some black pepper.
- Spoon the sauce over the gnocchi and tear over the mozzarella. Mix the breadcrumbs with the oil; sprinkle over the gnocchi. Bake for 15 mins.
- Garnish with basil and serve with salad, if you like.
See more Pasta bake recipes.
View full recipe details