Broccoli rigatoni with blue cheese and hazelnuts recipe
Don't throw away broccoli stalks... the whole veg, not just the florets, can be used in this 20 mins pasta recipe. The stalk is blitzed into a vibrant pesto that is stirred through the pasta along with the remaining broccoli, crumbly blue cheese and crunchy hazelnuts. See method
- 350g broccoli, stalk cut into 1cm chunks, head cut into florets
- 60g hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- 80g vegetarian blue cheese or Roquefort
- ½ vegetable stock cube, made up with 100ml boiling water
- 200g rigatoni
- lemon wedges, to serve (optional)
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the broccoli stalks and cook for 8 mins until soft. Drain, then blitz in a food processor with three-quarters of the nuts, half the cheese and the stock until it resembles a smooth pesto.
- Refill the pan with water and bring to the boil. Add the pasta and cook for 8-10 mins until al dente. Add the florets for the final 2 mins. Drain and return to the pan. Pour over the pesto and stir well to coat; season to taste.
- Divide between 2 plates and sprinkle over the remaining nuts and cheese. Serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over, if you like.
See more Vegetarian recipes