Clementine and chestnut chocolate tart recipe
Serve up a stunning seasonal dessert this winter that everyone will love. This clementine and chestnut chocolate tart recipe is rich and indulgent and the perfect way to show off vibrant citrus flavours. What's more, this tart is gluten-free as well. See method
- 200g gluten-free plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 Tesco Finest clementine, washed and zested
- 100g unsalted butter, cut into cubes
For the filling
- 250g dark chocolate
- 2 Tesco Finest clementines, washed and zested
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 100g unsalted butter
- 100g ready-to-eat chestnuts, blitzed to crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 90g caster sugar
- 1 tsp icing sugar, for dusting
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- To make the pastry, whizz the flour, zest and butter in a food processor until combined. Add 3 tbsp cold water and pulse until it comes together. Shape into a disc, wrap in clingfilm and chill for 30 mins.
- On a floured work surface, roll out the chilled pastry to a circle large enough to line the bottom and sides of a 21cm tart tin. Line the tin with the pastry, gently pressing into the sides. Press small pieces of pastry into any cracks. Trim the edges and chill for 30 mins.
- Preheat the oven to gas 5, 190°C, fan 170°C. Line the pastry case with nonstick baking paper and fill with baking beans. Bake for 10 mins, then remove the beans and bake for a further 8-10 mins until an even pale gold. Reduce the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C.
- Meanwhile, put the chocolate, zest, spices and butter in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water and stir until the chocolate is completely melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the chestnuts.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs and sugar with a hand mixer on high for 5 mins, then fold into chocolate mix.
- Pour the filling into the tart case. Thinly slice the clementines and arrange the slices around the edge of the tart. Bake for 40 mins then remove from the oven, transfer to a wire rack and leave to set for 2 hrs. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
See more Dessert recipes
Tesco Finest clementines bring a zesty, citrus kick to this gorgeous, fruity bake.