Creamy smoked salmon and lemon pasta recipe
This succulent smoked salmon pasta dish comes with a zingy lemon twist — transforming this simple meal into something really special. Ready in less than half an hour, this rich and creamy bowl of tagliatelle is not only a doddle to cook, but is also the perfect base for the mild, delicate flavours of our oak- and beech-smoked salmon. See method
- 350g tagliatelle, or pasta of your choice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 5 tbsp crème fraîche
- 1 lemon, zested (finely grated) and juiced
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 200g smoked salmon, torn into strips
- 30g fresh chives or dill, finely chopped
- 70g bag rocket, to serve
All Tesco smoked salmon is smoked with oak and beech for a delicate flavour
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta for 2 mins less than pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and fry for 2-3 mins until softened but not coloured. Stir in the crème fraîche, lemon juice, Parmesan and 2 ladles of pasta cooking water. Allow to bubble gently for 1 min.
- Drain the tagliatelle and mix into the sauce in the frying pan. Cook for a further 2 mins or until reduced to a creamy sauce that coats the pasta.
- Stir through the smoked salmon and chives, season with black pepper, then divide between 4 bowls. Garnish with the lemon zest and top with a handful of rocket.
For an extra-creamy sauce, add 2-3 tbsp mascarpone along with the créme fraîche.